The PerioLase MPV-7 is the only dental laser specifically designed for better periodontal health. The unique wavelength targets the bacteria that causes gum disease for minimally invasive, highly effective, quick and painless treatment.
Gum disease is a chronic inflammatory disease that destroys the tissue and bone around the teeth. If left untreated, the disease can lead to receding gums, loss of bone, and ultimately, tooth loss.
• Kills bacteria and disrupts biofilm to reduce inflammation
• Can help reverse gingivitis symptoms
• Maintain healthy gums and avoid progression of gum disease
• No shots needed
• No antibiotics needed, avoids antibiotic resistance
• The Iaser light can reach and destroy bacteria up to 6mm beyond the surface to help prevent bacteria from spreading back into the pocket.
• Safe for medically compromised patients, those on blood thinners, or those with diabetes
• Safe for use around crowns, bridges, sealants, and implants
• Beneficial to patients who have recently had surgery, or are scheduled to have surgery to reduce bacteria that may enter the bloodstream
Dr. Robert H. Gregg, developer of Laser Periodontal Therapy, discusses how scalpel-free dental laser therapy successfully treats the cause of gum disease (bacteria and resulting endotoxins) with less pain, less bleeding, less infection, and less recovery time. Airdate: May 6, 2008