You may observe numerous areas of prevention you may not have seen before, such as:
1. Facemasks: All of our clinical personnel wear facemasks during patient care. These physical barriers assist in reducting the spread of organisms from person to person.
2. Gloves: New disposable gloves are worn for every patient. These gloves ensure that contamination is not spread from patient to patient.
3. Disinfection of Counters and Other Surfaces: You may notice a mild chemical odor associated when wiping surfaces. These chemicals are necesssary to disinfect surfaces that have been touched during patient treatment.
4. Items Attached to Dental Operating Units: Handpieces, air blowers, suction equipment, etc., are sterilized with a combination of heat and chemicals.
5. Barriers: Plastic or rubber is placed on chairs, switches, etc., for each new patient.
6. Instruments: All metal instruments placed in your mouth have been sterilized by a combination of heat or chemicals.
Your health is our priority. Every possible precaution is being taken in our office to avoid any cross-contamination from patient to patient.